Monday, May 1, 2017

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #300 - Mother's Day and Blog Hop

Happy Monday and welcome to our 300th Challenge! 

We are having a BLOG HOP to celebrate



Challenge #300
Make a project about Mother's Day!

One lucky commenter will be chosen (from all blog hop comments on each blog, plus this one) to win this-


a brand new Cricut Explore! Courtesy of 


of Denton, Texas

ALSO-
The FCCB Design Team is sponsoring TWO $25 gift cards at

Amazon!

We also have:



And two $10 gift certificates to-



To qualify for the gift certificates, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.

There is a limit of three entries per person.

Be sure to visit each Design Team member leave a comment and become a follower - those will be put into a drawing for their blog candy (if offered).

Here is our blog hop list for Mother's Day challenge #300!
We can't wait to see your projects!

This is my project:

 

This year has been rough for me. I just lost my Mom this past November so I wasn't even sure if I was going to participate in this blog hop. I did though decide that focusing on the loss of my mother was not what I wanted to do...the pain is still too fresh for me. I decided that I would make a card for my daughter's Grandmother. She may no longer be my mother-in-law but I do still love her as if she were. Plus, my youngest daughter wants to make her own card of her own design for her, too.
 
I choose the hummingbird as the main focus of my card because I know she loves them.
 
 
I decided to keep the inside blank so that I can write my on message later.
 
 
I also created a coordinating envelop to accompany my card.
 
 
I used these items to create my card and envelop:
  • Art Nouveau Cricut cartridge - the hummingbird
  • Wild Card Cricut cartridge - the card and envelop
  • Martha Stewart essentials paper pad - the pattern paper
  • cardstock
  • foam tape - behind hummingbird
  • black brad - for the eye
I hope you enjoyed my Mother's Day card. Please remember to leave me a comment and follow on to the other designers. Have a blessed day.

39 comments:

  1. Like the pretty Hummingbird creation. Sorry for your loss. I'm a new follower.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol - first I want to say I am so sorry to read that your mother has passed away - I truly understand the loss of a parent - my mom is still living at the age of 86 however, I lost my father when he passed at age 52 - it was so devastating - especially when my son was only 2 years old and loved his papa - thank you for showing us your lovely work = I especially love the matching envelope with this creation and I like that you left space to write your message - which is what I prefer to do on all of my creations but sometimes you have to add a sentiment - I wish you a blessed week - and there is no time frame on mourning - When April 18th comes around I know that happened that day. Blessings -

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautifulmakes me strive to do better. thanks for all you do! work!! I am always amazed by the creativity and talent I see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and matching envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card I love the Art Deco humming bird, it fits perfectly on the shaped card. I am sorry to read that your mother recently passed away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet. I love your hummingbird . the design is so perfect. I am so sorry for your loss, losing a parent is one of life's hardest experiences. my heart goes out to you, but i am so thankful that you made a project, you have blessed us all.
    Thank you for your inspiration. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss. Your card is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your mom, may you be filled with peace. I love your card and envelope they are beautiful 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness! This is gorgeous! Praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom would have loved your card-she adored Hummingbirds also! This is so gorgeous-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom, Carol. How nice that you still have a great relationship with your former mother-in-law. I know she will love this beautiful card! The matching envelop is beautiful as well!
    ~Cynthia
    FCCB Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card and envelope. So sorry for your loss. I know it is something we are never used to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Carol! I love this cut from Art Nouveau and the envelope is fabulous too! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom :(

    Diana ♥
    Leelee Card Designs
    FCCB Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your hummingbird. I don't think I have ever looked at the Art Nouveau cartridge but I might need to!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card - love the hummingbird. Blessings, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card! I love the hummingbird! So sorry to hear about your mom. Sending Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful. I lost my mom a few years ago. The pain never goes away, just lessens. I know the grandmother will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh wow I love the hummingbird . thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. First off. .So sorry for the loss of your mom.. The card is amazing.. I love hummingbirds and I truly love your color choices..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your humingbird and fits so well in the circle card...very pretty. And your blog page with the dandelion is so pretty, reminds me of back East...my husband didn't like them but I did. As children remembering picking them and blowing on them...my Dad didn't like that either.

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful card with beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that hummingbird cut and you made it look so lovely. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card..I love humming birds

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely hummingbird card and so cute the brite colors..Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's so hard to lose a parent especially when remembering them during holidays. Big hugs to you. The hummingbird card is so nice. I'm sure your daughter's grandmother will love it. Dorlene

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this hummingbird! I have used it before! Love the shape of your card.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have the cart, and do love that hummingbird~!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So sorry for the loss of your mother. It was so sweet of you to think of your former mother-in-law. Your card is beautiful, and I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a beautiful card Carol, and so wonderful of you to make it for your daughter's grandma. I'm glad you participated in the hop, and I hope you can have happy memories to think back on this Mother's Day. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card! Love the hummingbird. I know you are missing your Mom. I lost my Mom in February and this will be my first Mother's Day without her. She is in my heart and will always be. Know your Mom will be with you too!
    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh, your hummingbird circular card is so pretty! Wonderful color choices. Thanks for inspiring me today.
    :) Marie --FCCB--DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. Your card is so pretty and I totally love the matching envelope. How very thoughtful of you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your shape card is so lovely, you've chosen such great "pop" colors and created a beautiful scene. It's great working with you at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Very pretty card!
    I just made that card for my Girl Scout troop yesterday, but had difficulty with the envelope. I'm new to paper crafts and just got my cricut a month ago, what did you use to make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Wild Card cartridge to make the coordinating envelop.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!